What is Spiritual Direction?
Spiritual direction encourages you to explore a closer relationship with God. In our busy, fast-paced lives; many of us find it increasingly difficult to notice God's action in our daily lives. As our lives get busier, there is often a deeper longing for a more conscious experience of God's presence and love.
Engaging in spiritual direction causes one to reflect deeply on the experiences of daily life. It is a way to deepen one's realization of God's presence in every place and every time.
What is a Spiritual Director?
A spiritual director doesn't necessarily "direct" your spiritual life. A spiritual director encourages and guides you to draw closer to God. Spiritual direction invites you into this relationship whether you worship in a church, mosque, temple or none of these. God draws near to you wherever you are. The journey with a spiritual director takes place in a one-on-one setting. The conversation is considered confidential and held as sacred by your spiritual director.
You might choose to seek spiritual direction for a variety of reasons, including:
- Identifying and trusting your own experience of God;
- Integrating spirituality into your daily life;
- Discerning and making difficult life decisions;
- Sharing struggles, losses or disappointments - and celebrations;
- Finding encourgement and affirmation;
- Growing in relationship with God, self, others, and creation